Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

What causes the SNR of a client to be 0? And what causes the noise floor of an access point to be 0?

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  What causes the SNR of a client to be 0? And what causes the noise floor of an access point to be 0?

Posted Dec 04, 2021 06:34 AM

Hello!

I am doing SNMP readout of an Aruba Controller (OS 8) and i stumbled across some weird values for two properties.

First:
    In the wlsxWlanAPChStatsTable we have the property "wlanAPChNoise", which is the Noise floor of the access point. But sometimes the noise floor value is equal to 0 for one of the radios. Why does that happen and how could it be interpreted? Does it mean that the radio is currently not capable of reporting the noise floor so it sets the value to 0?

Second:
    In the wlsxMonStationInfoTable we have the property "monAPInfoRSSI", which represents the SNR of a client. Here the same can happen, the value is sometimes reported as 0. In fact I did some testing and the client did not move his position for 1h. 99% of the time the SNR was reported as 45 but at one point it suddenly dropped to 0 (although the client did not move!). The 0 value lasted only for a minuted and it went back to 45 right after.
    It would be interesting to know why this can happen and how could it be interpreted?

Thank you for your help!

------------------------------
    Helen Stone
    ------------------------------