Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Android 4.2.4 device connection issues

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Android 4.2.4 device connection issues

Posted Jun 04, 2021 09:38 AM
    We are trying to implement a video kiosk system that uses an Android device running 4.2.4.  For the most part,  the devices function and display the necessary content being deployed to them with a couple of exceptions.  When they try to run any YouTube content,  they completely fail as well as when we attempt to display a custom internal website,  the content load times are slow and painful.  When we connect these same devices to a wired network,  they function normally.  

Our Aruba system is a controller based system that runs thru our firewall system.  We've attempted to whitelist and re-configure the wifi networks to no avail.  Has anyone else run into a similar situation with older Android OS's?

------------------------------
    Jim Bennin

• 2.  RE: Android 4.2.4 device connection issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2021 09:44 AM
    Are you using encryption on that wireless network?  Did you try it on an open network, as a test?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Android 4.2.4 device connection issues

Posted Jun 07, 2021 01:51 PM
    I have not tried it on an open network but that has given us some ideas as to areas to look into.  The units work in a wired connection as well as a non-Aruba wireless network,  such a home Wi-Fi.  Something within our Aruba Config and these devices is not quite compatible and we are digging to figure it out.  Part of the problem is that we are getting little from the vendor in terms of logging info or any other methods to be able to give us any indications.  

The OS is actually android 4.2.2 apparently,  I was mistaken.

Jim Bennin