Wireless Access

last person joined: an hour ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP 515

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP 515

Posted Sep 05, 2021 11:03 PM
    Aruba AP 515 got IP via DHCP but I dont see this AP on MM GUI (DHCP option 43 with IP of local WLC has been enabled on related IP scope for this access point).
    On logs of MM and local WLC I dont see any events related to this access point.
    I can ping this access point from the local WLC (IP connectivity confirmed).

- how to troubleshoot this case  ?
    - is it needed to assign AP licenses directly to related WLC or its correct that AP licenses are  in "Global License Pool" of MM ?

------------------------------
    AY

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP 515

Posted Sep 06, 2021 10:31 AM
    The local controller logs probably will tell you if the AP is attempting to connect, and if so, why the AP is rejected if it is.

Did you add the AP to the (CPSec) list of Campus APs (or remote/mesh whatever is applicable)? Or configured auto cert provisioning for CPSec?

If I'm correct, without a license, the AP will show up in the controller or MM, just not broadcast any SSID until it is licensed.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP 515

Posted Sep 07, 2021 10:22 PM
    thanks for details!
    seems my access point joined another WLCs via DNS discovery of "aruba-master" record.

Andrii Yefremov