Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Virtual Mobility controllers in CONFIG ROLLBACK state

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Virtual Mobility controllers in CONFIG ROLLBACK state

Posted Jul 06, 2021 03:40 PM
    I have a pair of VMM configured with vrrp. I have two managed virtual controllers. They are all runnig same AOS 8.6. There is no connectivity issue between them. 

However, the VMCs are in CONFIG ROLLBACK state. I have tried many things including reboot but it did not help. Is there a command or  option in GUI where I can find the exact reason for this state? I have also noticed that after I make a config change/update, the VMCs show down for few minutes and then they come back up online. 

ANy help would be appeciated.

------------------------------
    Fawad A

• 2.  RE: Virtual Mobility controllers in CONFIG ROLLBACK state

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2021 04:32 PM
    Once you provision a VMC with an ip address, it is not supposed to change and there is not supposed to be any interruption between the VMC and the VMM.  If you push a change from the VMM to the VMC that causes an interruption, where the VMC cannot reach the VMC, thatis when a config rollback is triggered.  You should not make a change that will interrupt connectivity.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Virtual Mobility controllers in CONFIG ROLLBACK state

Posted Jul 07, 2021 06:35 AM
    Thanks. But what to do if it is in already CONFIG ROLLBACK state. There seems to be no communication problem between VMMs and VMCs as they can reach each other and are on the same layer 2 network. How do I find which config exactly is causing the problem?

Fawad A

• 4.  RE: Virtual Mobility controllers in CONFIG ROLLBACK state

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2021 09:22 AM
    Try "show configuration failure" and "show configuration replace history"

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: Virtual Mobility controllers in CONFIG ROLLBACK state

Posted Jul 07, 2021 10:09 AM
    I tried both these commands but there was no output. 

[mynode] #show configuration failure
    [mynode] #show configuration replace history
    [mynode] #

(cmq-aruba-mm-01.qatar.cmu.edu) [mynode] #show switches

All Switches
    ------------
    IP Address         Type             Model               Version              Status   Configuration State        Config ID
    ---------- ------------ ---- -------- ---- ----- ------- ------ ------------------- ---------------------- ---------
    172.20.17.151   master        ArubaMM-VA    8.6.0.9_79813     up     UPDATE SUCCESSFUL         56
    172.20.17.162   MD              ArubaMC-VA     8.6.0.9_79813     up     CONFIG ROLLBACK             35
    172.20.17.152   standby      ArubaMM-VA    8.6.0.9_79813      up     UPDATE SUCCESSFUL        56
    172.20.17.161   MD              ArubaMC-VA     8.6.0.9_79813      up     CONFIG ROLLBACK            33

I think due to this issue I am not able to successfully provision an AP. It is a new setup. The AP is showing UP but it has the flag U2rG.

Fawad A

• 6.  RE: Virtual Mobility controllers in CONFIG ROLLBACK state

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2021 01:50 PM
    You have to things wrong, then. The G flag means that the AP is an a group that is not defined.