Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Enable recovery OS 6.4

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Enable recovery OS 6.4

Posted Dec 03, 2020 10:29 PM
    I tried searching and had no luck. I have a campus deployment where it looks like one of the network team folks set the enable password to the wrong value. This controller 7030 controller is connected to the master controller fine and I have access via GUI and it is joined to the master but I cant get in the enable mode via CLI. Is there any way to recover/reset the password without direct console access?  This controller is a 2 hour drive on a ATV to get someone to reach it and we have no IT staff at the site.
    Thank You!

Hargert

• 2.  RE: Enable recovery OS 6.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2020 05:22 AM
    You should be able to set the enable password by running the controller setup wizard again. It should keep settings that you don't change.

Once you have access, you can add the 'enable bypass' command to your configuration to get rid of the enable command and go into enable mode immediately after login.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.

• 3.  RE: Enable recovery OS 6.4

Posted Dec 04, 2020 10:04 AM
    Thanks a ton, that worked like a charm.

Eric Pribish