Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Find Zoom Phone dropped traffic

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Find Zoom Phone dropped traffic

Posted Jan 05, 2022 10:57 AM
    I have a Mobility Master and a pair of MDs running 8.6.0.14 controlling about 1000 APs across 15 sites. 

I have one SSID that bridges onto the local subnet at each site before routing to the core and out to the internet. 
    Zoom phone works fine on the bridged SSID. 

The other SSID tunnels to the controllers and then routes to the core and out to the internet. 
    Zoom phone calls connect on the tunneled SSID, but audio is not present. 

I am fairly certain that the problem lies with some ACL on the mobility controllers, but I cannot figure out how to spot the dropped packets or even find all the ACLs affecting the traffic.  There are so many different Roles, Policies, and Services that could be blocking that it seems overwhelming to try and dig. 

Is there a simple way to capture all dropped packets so I can filter for callers and maybe more quickly pinpoint what is dropping the traffic?

Thank you for any insight.

------------------------------
    -Bill

• 2.  RE: Find Zoom Phone dropped traffic
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 18, 2022 04:29 PM
    I was able to track this down.  It was a Policy associated with a Role.  The Policy did not have logging enabled, so it was basically just look in all the logical places.  It was helpful to enable Advanced View.

-Bill