Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

No "top 5 applications" per client on MM

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  No "top 5 applications" per client on MM

Posted Apr 27, 2021 12:55 PM

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble getting per-client traffic details to show on my mobility master.
    The controllers have DPI enabled, and I can see that data if I navigate to the controllers themselves.
    Then, under Mobility Master, I can also see aggregated traffic info under Dashboard > Traffic Analysis.
    And if I click "hosts" I can see the applications of a particular client, but the "WLAN" column says "wired" (on the mobility controllers it shows properly with the WLAN name).

When I click a particular client (Clients > Expand) the "Top 5 applications" are always empty. "Top 5 destinations" does work.

*Edit* I also checked and can only see a partial number of sessions; the controller "traffic analysis" shows a detailed list of all sessions a client has, with category application bytes destination etc, but the mobility master only shows a very little subset of those (MM table shows sessions=55 but when I click it I only see 4); also the username does not show under NAME, but the IP instead. Mobility controllers show everything proper (WLAN, Username, All sessions).

Example:

Controller:

Mobility Master:

(Mobility Master only shows 3 sessions; WLANs = wired; IP as SOURCE instead of username)

Any idea what can be the problem?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Ricardo Duarte
    ------------------------------