Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Console connection to AP-515, getting a permission denied message after logging in

This thread has been viewed 54 times
  • 1.  Console connection to AP-515, getting a permission denied message after logging in

Posted Oct 04, 2021 01:37 PM
    I've consoled into a 515, after it boots it asks for a password. I've entered the AP console password that I set on the MC. It appears to have logged me in, I have '~ #' for the prompt, but anything I type in and press enter just results in "Permission denied". Any ideas?​

------------------------------
    Michael Lee

• 2.  RE: Console connection to AP-515, getting a permission denied message after logging in

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2021 01:47 PM
    Try ping.  That should not require any permissions.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Console connection to AP-515, getting a permission denied message after logging in

Posted Oct 05, 2021 09:05 AM
    So ping did work. Are their settings on the controller to control permissions that I might have missed. Should you be able to run every command on a campus ap as you can on an ap that hasn't contacted a controller yet.

Michael Lee

• 4.  RE: Console connection to AP-515, getting a permission denied message after logging in

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2021 05:23 AM
    APs in Campus mode have a very limited CLI, as they are closely controlled by the controller and there is not so much you should (nor can) do on the AP. Console access typically is just needed if your AP does not reach the controller and for that, reboot the AP and check logging for the IP that the AP gets, the 'master discovery' if the correct IP is found for the controller, and after that, you could try ping to see if the controller is reachable. With that information you can in nearly all cases find out why the AP is unable to reach the controller. If there the AP is connected to the controller, all information is available through the controller.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.