Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 7010 Controller does not recognise directrly connected 207 AP in Ap Wizard provisioning

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Aruba 7010 Controller does not recognise directrly connected 207 AP in Ap Wizard provisioning

Posted Jan 18, 2021 06:31 AM

Hi  all, 

I wanted to replace an aruba AP 207 that went down due to hardware issue with a new one with the same model , but when Itried to provision the new AP via ADP and i launch the ap wizard , the new ap does not show in the list as you can see in the attached image : 

I checked the ADP configuration and it is enabled : 

Additionnal info :
    -The ap is directly connected to the controller via Port 0 
    -The ap green led is blinking
    -Port 0 is configured with a dhcp server that gives adresses in 172.16.0.0 range
    -I can ping the AP (that gets address 172.16.0.1 via dhcp ) from the Controller
    -I tried  to connect the  AP to other ports  in the controller but i still get the same problem

Do you have any idea what might be the issue ?

------------------------------
    Rachid ALAMI

• 2.  RE: Aruba 7010 Controller does not recognise directrly connected 207 AP in Ap Wizard provisioning

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 18, 2021 07:08 AM
    Has the replacement AP been in use anywhere else? Have you factory reset the replacement AP and tried again, there could be a chance it is statically configured with another master therefore ignoring ADP. If you can post a console output from the AP this will allow you determine the behaviour of the AP.

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: Aruba 7010 Controller does not recognise directrly connected 207 AP in Ap Wizard provisioning

Posted Jan 18, 2021 08:10 AM

Hi Craig ,

No the Replacement AP is brand new , I also factory reset the ap but still no luck , unfortunatly i can't console directly to the ap as i don't have the appropriate cable

Could it be a networking issue ? because the controller is in vlan 10 with address 10.21.2.25 and the new AP gets dhcp adresse in the default range 172.16.0.. 

Rachid ALAMI

• 4.  RE: Aruba 7010 Controller does not recognise directrly connected 207 AP in Ap Wizard provisioning

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 18, 2021 11:49 AM
    If your controller-ip vlan is VLAN10, move the AP to VLAN10 and allow ADP to kick in this way.

Craig Syme