Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

e/m when copy running-config tftp: (Mobility Conductors and Members with version 8.9)

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  e/m when copy running-config tftp: (Mobility Conductors and Members with version 8.9)

Posted Sep 29, 2021 05:03 AM
    Dear colleagues, 

I have faced with issue during process the copy running-config to remote tftp server from Mobility Conductor:

(MMC01) [mm] #copy running-config tftp: 10.36.4.10 MMC01.cfg
    File not found: /flash/config//tmp/1681692777.log

the same situation with mobility members with version 8.9

Meanwhile, with AOS version 8.6 everything works fine
    Redirecting to Managed Device Shell
    (VC03) [MDC] *#copy running-config tftp: 10.36.4.10 VC03.cfg
    File uploaded successfully

I suspect that there are problems with writing to the /flash/config//tmp folder? 
    Help me to resolve it, thanks!

------------------------------
    Dmitro Kardash

• 2.  RE: e/m when copy running-config tftp: (Mobility Conductors and Members with version 8.9)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2021 04:03 AM
    I see the same when I try this in MCR (MM) 8.8.0.1. Also, the running-config on the MCR does not really exists, which may be why you can't copy it. MCR has a hierarchical configuration model and does not easily allow to just copy a single configuration file. Also, if you were to restore what you see with show running, you missed a lot of config like all of the MD configurations.

Check the documentation on how to create a proper backup.

Also, if you have the backup of your MCR, you don't really need a backup of the managed MDs as those are fully configured by the MCR.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: e/m when copy running-config tftp: (Mobility Conductors and Members with version 8.9)

Posted Oct 01, 2021 03:18 AM
    Hi Herman, thanks for the link, now I totally agree that the running-config is not suitable for restoring lost data, 

The best option is:

(host) [mynode] (config)# backup flash
    (host) [mynode] (config) copy flash: flashbackup.tar.gz ftp: <ftphost> <ftpusername> <ftpuserpassword> <remote directory>

Dmitro Kardash