Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 303H license

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Aruba 303H license

Posted Nov 29, 2021 08:41 AM
      |   view attached
    Dears,

Our team is testing the Aruba 303H AP with the Aruba 7005 mobility controller, they were trying to add "wired port" for an AP 303H, to configure VLANs on the ethernet ports of the AP, but they got an error "Feature is not enabled in the license" (attached screenshot). The license currently in use is the Aruba Cntrlr Per AP Capacity Lic E-LTU 90-days evaluation license.
    Do we need a different license? Or is there a way to enable this feature on the current license?

Thank you for your support.

------------------------------
    Sana Farhat

• 2.  RE: Aruba 303H license

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 29, 2021 08:44 AM
    I believe you need PEF licenses for that.

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2021
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Aruba 303H license

Posted Nov 30, 2021 02:20 AM
    Thanks Dustin,

However, what we need is adding voice vlan and taggs some vlans or add untagged vlans statically to the ports on the AP 303H.
    we do not need dynamic segmentation as offered in the PEF license.
    Do you know how we can do that?

Sana Farhat

• 4.  RE: Aruba 303H license

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2021 04:54 AM
    Sana,

This is an uncommon situation to have wired ports on the (R)APs but no PEF license. The message you see suggests that PEF is needed; and as you will need to create a modified port profile that could be correct, but I can't find the actual documentation stating that explicitly.

Please check with support if you want to be sure.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.