Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

"Undefined Controller Setup" After upgrading Controller 7210 from 6.x to 8.x

This thread has been viewed 45 times
  • 1.  "Undefined Controller Setup" After upgrading Controller 7210 from 6.x to 8.x

Posted May 14, 2021 04:18 AM
    Hi,

I can't access my 7210 Controller via Web GUI after updating my firmware from 6.x to 8.x.

I can only access it thru SSH.

How can I enable the Web access?

Thank You.

after upgrading from 6.x to 8.x

------------------------------
    Enrico Cayetano

• 2.  RE: "Undefined Controller Setup" After upgrading Controller 7210 from 6.x to 8.x

Posted May 14, 2021 05:38 AM
    Hi, did you used the migration tool for upgrading the Controller?

Best regards, mom

• 3.  RE: "Undefined Controller Setup" After upgrading Controller 7210 from 6.x to 8.x

Posted May 14, 2021 05:45 AM
    Hi,

I didn't use the migration tool, I just upgraded the firmware via local file.

Thanks

Enrico Cayetano

• 4.  RE: "Undefined Controller Setup" After upgrading Controller 7210 from 6.x to 8.x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2021 06:42 AM
    Try clearing your browser cache, or using an incognito browser.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: "Undefined Controller Setup" After upgrading Controller 7210 from 6.x to 8.x

Posted May 17, 2021 05:41 PM
    Hi, I had a similar problem when I upgraded a 7005 from 6.5 to OS8.7 in that SSH was fine but I could not access the Web GUI. I was advised to execute a "write erase all" command and then reboot and reinstall OS8. After I did this the Web GUI worked fine.
    Hope this helps.

Regards

Will South

• 6.  RE: "Undefined Controller Setup" After upgrading Controller 7210 from 6.x to 8.x

Posted May 17, 2021 05:42 PM
    Hi, I had a similar problem when upgrading a 7005 from OS6.5 to OS8.7 in that I could no longer access the web GUI via a browser but SSH worked just fine.
    After posting here I was advised to issue a "write erase all" command as I had not done this prior to installing OS8. Having done this and then re-installing/re-configuring OS8, the web GUI works fine.
    Hope this helps.

Regards

Will South

• 7.  RE: "Undefined Controller Setup" After upgrading Controller 7210 from 6.x to 8.x

Posted May 24, 2021 12:21 PM

Hi,

I believe you tried to clear your browser caches, and tried different browser's (legacy chrome versions don't show some buttons from my experience).

Normally if you like to "upgrade" your controller to 8.x from 6.5.x, you should do a clean installation.
    That's the savest way, I think.
    I never updated a standalone controller directly from 6.5.x to 8.x, may this can cause GUI errors.

But aruba also provide a migration tool.
    If you want to upgrade a classic master/standby or a standalone deployment, from my experience this would be achieved quickest with the migriation tool for aos 8.3.
    Don't use the tool for 8.4, because the GUI will break also.

After the migration to 8.3 you can go to 8.6.x or 8.7.x.

Best regards, mom