Wireless Access

last person joined: 6 minutes ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP upgrade issue via central

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  AP upgrade issue via central

Posted 23 days ago
    Trying to upgrade my AP's via Aruba Central.  Continually get a failed to retrieve image error.
    Checking the logs here is what they say:

--10:31:51-- http://d2vxf1j0rhr3p0.cloudfront.net/fwfiles/ArubaInstant_Gemini_8.6.0.8_79369
    (try: 3) => `ArubaInstant_Gemini_8.6.0.8_79369'
    Connecting to d2vxf1j0rhr3p0.cloudfront.net|13.227.42.155|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... No data received.
    Giving up.

I've verified that they have a clear path through our firewall and have added exceptions to make sure it isn't getting scanned.  I can hit and download the file from my browser no problem.

The AP's can ping the URL listed above without issue.  What seems odd is that according to the log it is getting connected, but after that doesn't get anything back.  I'm not sure what I should try next.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

------------------------------
    Jason Lohrenz

• 2.  RE: AP upgrade issue via central

Posted 21 days ago
    What version of instant is the AP currently running?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: AP upgrade issue via central

Posted 21 days ago
    8.7.1.0_77203   I have 2 devices that are on this version and I wanted to get them to conform to the recommended version instead so that they are all on the same version OS.

Jason Lohrenz