Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Clear Alert "Crash files available" on MM (VMC) and 7205 controllers.

This thread has been viewed 101 times
  • 1.  Clear Alert "Crash files available" on MM (VMC) and 7205 controllers.

Posted Jan 06, 2022 04:56 AM

Hi.

How do I clear Alert "Crash files available" on MM (VMC) and 7205 controllers.
    Found the "tar clean crash" cli-command and run it on MM (VMC) and both of th controller but it do not looks like it dos anything.
    Does anyone know how to clear this alert?

Kind Regards.

------------------------------
    Nikolaj Mikkelsen

• 2.  RE: Clear Alert "Crash files available" on MM (VMC) and 7205 controllers.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2022 10:42 AM
    That's the command that I would use. Where do you see that alert? Could it be that it just takes some time before it is cleared?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Clear Alert "Crash files available" on MM (VMC) and 7205 controllers.

Posted Jan 07, 2022 03:22 AM

Hi Herman.

It shows in the top of the screen when I am signing into my MM/VMC.

See the attached picture.

I don't know if time would do something. But it is about 18-20 hours since "tar clean crash" command and the error still shows.

Kind Regards.

Nikolaj Mikkelsen

• 4.  RE: Clear Alert "Crash files available" on MM (VMC) and 7205 controllers.

Posted Jan 07, 2022 06:30 AM

Hi Herman.

Strangely enough, time was the answer. Getting close to 24 hours the error now is gone.

Kind regards.

Nikolaj Mikkelsen

• 5.  RE: Clear Alert "Crash files available" on MM (VMC) and 7205 controllers.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2022 07:59 AM
    Ok, did some testing here as well. Found one controller that had an active crash and needed to do a 'tar crash' first, to remove the * in the prompt. Only after that a 'tar clean crash'. This cleared the alert immediately in the WebUI as well.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: Clear Alert "Crash files available" on MM (VMC) and 7205 controllers.

Posted Aug 08, 2022 11:48 PM

That did it. Thanks.

(wlc1) *[mynode] #tar crash
    (wlc1) [mynode] #tar clean crash
    (wlc1) [mynode] #