Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MacOS won't get to network

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  MacOS won't get to network

Posted Jan 10, 2022 01:16 PM
    Hi,

we are trying to get MacOS workstations connected to our WLAN network. Clearpass 802.1x authentication is working and it is returning radius-accept to the Aruba mobility controller. However mobility controller is assigning only the "denyall" profile for the MacOS clients. I can see error logs regarding Macs:

Jan 8 20:19:38 :124867:  <WARN> |authmgr|  Authentication type 8021x-Machine not supported for role download

Jan 8 20:21:36 :124867:  <WARN> |authmgr|  Authentication type 8021x-User not supported for role download

I assume that since error is ".. not supported for role download" then the denyall is assigned. But can someone help me why this is happening? Windows PC's are working fine on the same environment.

Controller software is 6.4.4.9 if it helps.

------------------------------
    Masa Tee

• 2.  RE: MacOS won't get to network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2022 05:09 PM
    Is ClearPass returning anything in addition the the access-accept? From the log messages, it sounds like ClearPass may be sending additional attributes that are causing the confusion. Possibly something in the enforcement profile that is attempting to treat macOS users slightly differently from your other clients?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.