Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Disable 2.4 for all APs in group?

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Disable 2.4 for all APs in group?

Posted Jul 14, 2021 12:12 PM
    Is there a way for me to easily disable 2.4 for all Access points in a group in Aruba Central without having to do it on each individual one? Also along the same lines. Is there a way to set the management vlan for all APs in a group vs touching each and every single one? I've already spoken to support and they did not seem to think it was possible, which sort of blows my mind(switching over from merak where this was possible).

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Disable 2.4 for all APs in group?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2021 12:25 AM
    yes you can do that by touching every AP, however you could do it faster using Aruba Central API

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Disable 2.4 for all APs in group?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2021 05:14 AM
    Another option is to disable 2.4 GHz on all of the SSIDs that are broadcasted in your group. That is done under the General (step 1), Advanced Settings, Miscellaneous, Band. Default is 'all', set it to 5GHz to only broadcast on the 5GHz radio. If you have multiple SSIDs, do that for each of your SSID.

Even one more option is to under ARM (setting under Radios in your Group) remove all the channels from 'Valid Channels'. If there is no channel to pick from, the radio will be disabled.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.