Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Client MAC Flapping on Router in Aruba 8.x

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Client MAC Flapping on Router in Aruba 8.x

Posted Feb 10, 2021 10:52 AM
    Hi all,

Curious if anyone has experience with this situation.

We have a cluster environment, 8.5.0.11. Six local controllers. The issue is with smart TVs and clients mirroring to them, which I *think* is the cause of the flapping we are seeing on the routers the controllers are connected to:

Feb  9 17:00:48 132.177.x.x <Arista Router> PortSec:%ETH-4-HOST_FLAPPING: Host cc:d4:2e:2e:f7:ba in VLAN 2100 is flapping between interface Port-Channel41 and interface Ethernet19/3 (message repeated 1 times in 72793.6 secs)

My initial thought it the TV and whatever is mirroring to it (phone, laptop, etc) are on two different controllers in the cluster, but the TV and the client are both on one flat VLAN. We have BCMC Optimization enabled on this VLAN, so I'm kind of stuck as to how to eliminate this issue.

I would appreciate any ideas and thoughts and let me know if I can provide additional information.

------------------------------
    Brian Simpson

• 2.  RE: Client MAC Flapping on Router in Aruba 8.x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2021 03:37 PM
    You could be right.  What is connected to those two ports?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Client MAC Flapping on Router in Aruba 8.x

Posted Feb 15, 2021 09:49 AM
    Hi Colin,

In the above example, the Port Channel 41 is a LACP connection to a local controller. Ethernet 19/3 goes to the 10K MM. I guess I'm confused why the MM is involved at all?

-Brian

Brian Simpson

• 4.  RE: Client MAC Flapping on Router in Aruba 8.x

Posted Mar 01, 2021 10:30 AM
    Colin,

Do you think this warrants a TAC case? We'd like to be able to fix this, or at least explain to our router folks why this is happening.

-Brian​

Brian Simpson