Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

OpenFlow - Enable/Disable any impact?

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  OpenFlow - Enable/Disable any impact?

MVP
    Posted Mar 25, 2021 01:47 PM
    Hey all,

As subject suggests, I recently came across our OpenFlow config is disabled on our MDs. Does anybody know if there's any client impact when re-enabling this?

Some background - we had done this in a troubleshooting step months ago for an issue and it turned out to be unrelated, but we never re-enabled this. Now we're trying to do some UCC integrations and I'm unsure if it's causing us to not have the ucc clients show on the MM - and we're also missing some data on clients and APs that might also be related from what I was reading. I'm assuming best practice is to have this enabled on the MDs. 

Thanks for the help!

------------------------------
    Michael Haring

AirHeads MVP 2017, 2019-2021

• 2.  RE: OpenFlow - Enable/Disable any impact?
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Mar 25, 2021 02:53 PM
    I proceeded with re-enabling the OpenFlow on our /md/ level for all of our 23 MDs, and once enabled, I successfully showed dozens of UCC clients and call information - it also appears that I'm seeing more information on my client list regarding health, signal quality, traffic destinations, etc. I did not see any impact to clients when re-enabling this.

Michael Haring

AirHeads MVP 2017, 2019-2021