Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't connect to AP-225

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Can't connect to AP-225

Posted Jan 21, 2021 09:21 AM
    Hello everyone

I surely hope I can find some help here as  the HP help desk doesn't seem to be able to do anything.

I need to Install 5 AP-225s in our office and recreational areas.

I connected the first AP out of the box to a PoE switch and according to the installation guide, after booting, I should be able to see a Wireless Network  ending with the MAC address of the AP-225.

No Luck 

I tried a reset to factory settings by holding the switch for 10 sec during power up.
    I tried accessing the user interface through the LAN. The AP pulls an IP from the DHCP server but i cannot connect to
    //192.168.1.159:4343

Also the Power LED is continuously blinking and the radio lights are off 

I am having the same issues with all 5 of the AP's  :(

What am I doing wrong ??

I would greatly appreciate any help 

Tom

------------------------------
    Tom Young

• 2.  RE: Can't connect to AP-225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2021 12:39 PM
    What controller model are you using, and what code version?

Onno Harms

• 3.  RE: Can't connect to AP-225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2021 03:52 AM
    Please verify that you have Instant AP 225 (IAP-225-xx).

The AP 225 comes in two versions: AP-225 and IAP-225. The AP-225 requires a controller to operate, the IAP-225 works with a virtual controller integrated into the AP and operates like you describe that it should start broadcasting the SetMeUp-xx SSID.

Check the part number on the box or the white sticker that is on the back. Example what to look for with the IAP-205 / AP-205:

If you received the AP-225 model, it's probably best to return the APs and get them replaced with Instant models. The initial Aruba pricing is the same for both, on market places I see the IAP model may cost slightly more as a controller is not required which makes it better suitable for small and home deployments.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.