Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Connections

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  AP Connections

Posted Jan 04, 2022 03:17 AM
    Hi Folks,
    We have controller Aruba 7210 with 2 types of AP. It's  AP 325 and AP 225.
    Some users that closer to AP 225 always connect to AP 325.
    It makes AP 325 full and AP 225 idle.
    How to config this configuration in Controller 7210.

------------------------------
    Idham Khaidir

• 2.  RE: AP Connections

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2022 10:33 AM
    Clients tend to select 'the best AP'. If your AP 325 signal is strong, or has wider channels, the throughput for the client may be better on the 325 than on the 225. ClientMatch should be able to make this better by moving clients to the AP 225. Or the power is configured much lower on the 225, or the channel-width is smaller, or the SSID may not be broadcasting. If everything is configured, designed properly, balanced in signal and channel width, this should not happen and clients should connect primarily to the strongest AP.

You will need to have a closer look at what is configured and how the APs are located. I would recommend working with your local Aruba partner or Aruba Support to have a review of your configuration.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: AP Connections

Posted Jan 05, 2022 10:14 PM
    Hi Herman,

Thank your for responding, SSID already broadcast. We have checked only 2 users connect to AP225. Could we separate channel between AP225 and AP325 on same grouping.

• 4.  RE: AP Connections

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2022 10:02 AM
    Yes, you can with AP specific. But I would rather recommend getting someone to have a look at your deployment. There must be a reason why this happens, and manually changing channels is not needed under normal circumstances. Without understanding the reason, you probably will end up with the same or other issues.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: AP Connections

Posted Jan 05, 2022 05:20 AM
    Hi,

Be sure that AP 225 is not "Inactive state" by issueing "show ap database long" and looking Flags (I).

Also be sure that AP 225 antennas is not dagamed. We had an issue at old days like that.

You may look at the power values by using "wi-fi analyzer" software.

husnu demir

• 6.  RE: AP Connections

Posted Jan 05, 2022 09:57 PM
    Hi Hdemir,

There is no flag I on controller and antennas is running well.
    We create only same SSID and grouping also.
    It will be detected on Wifi Analyzer software.