Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting up a WLAN on Mobility Controller

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Setting up a WLAN on Mobility Controller

Posted Jan 05, 2022 05:31 PM
    I'm migrating from a instant controller to a mobility controller using a 9004.  The instant controller didn't work well, and always had issues.  The mobility controller doesn't have the same setup as the virtual controller or central.

I am trying to create a 2.4ghz only WLAN for older legacy devices (some older security cameras) using the AP555.  They don't seem to work well with the dual networks.

I am also trying to enable both of the 5ghz by splitting the dual 5ghz radios as in the virtual controller and on central.  I've been beating my head against the wall for the past few hours, and could use some help.

------------------------------
    Michael Caplan

• 2.  RE: Setting up a WLAN on Mobility Controller

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 05, 2022 06:01 PM
    You can configure which radio should be used per SSID in the "Virtual AP Profile".

Tip: Best start with enable "show advanced profiles" in the right top corner under your login account name.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 3.  RE: Setting up a WLAN on Mobility Controller

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 05, 2022 06:03 PM
    Dual 5GHz radio can be configured in the "AP System Profile" that is bound under the AP Group.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 4.  RE: Setting up a WLAN on Mobility Controller

Posted Jan 05, 2022 06:22 PM
    Thank you, you cleared up everything and it seems so simple, and they made it so complex.

FYI:

a-only

Allows use of 40 MHz channels on the 5 GHZ (802.11a) frequency band only.

-

-

g-only

Allows use of 40 MHz channels on the 2.4 GHZ (802.11b/g) frequency band only.

Michael Caplan