Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

500 Series APs and 6200F Switches

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  500 Series APs and 6200F Switches

Posted Feb 22, 2021 10:33 AM
    Morning Airheads!

I am looking for some assistance with an odd issue we've been having since rolling out new 500 Series APs with new 6200F series switches.

We've been getting multiple alerts every day about ports going into "blocking" state on the switch that are connected to the Aruba IAPs. After checking out the logs on the switches, we are able to see the ports go into blocking, and shortly after, coming back to forwarding. I'm curious if the APs in question are possibly going into a power-saving mode due to no clients being connected. Has anyone seen anything similar with the 6200 switch and 500 series AP combo?

------------------------------
    Colin Ivey

• 2.  RE: 500 Series APs and 6200F Switches

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 22, 2021 11:22 AM
    Hi Colin,

My opinion is that AP connections should be stable in your switch logging. Strange things can be occur when APs not receive the power required, check your POE power allocation in your switch is a good starting point.

It could be possible that your APs are crashing or bootstrap. Please check Aruba controller log files like:
    #show ap debug system-status ap-name
    #show ap debug counters

Not sure if your running a controller-based or controllerless (instant) environment.

What ArubaOS version are you running on?

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 3.  RE: 500 Series APs and 6200F Switches

Posted Feb 23, 2021 01:15 AM
    Do you enable BPDU filter or protection?
    You must disable and monitor the issue.

Ratchapas Shatsa-Nga