Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Permitted maximum transmit power by country of site in Aruba Instant On Series

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Permitted maximum transmit power by country of site in Aruba Instant On Series

Posted Oct 12, 2021 11:55 AM
    Hello everyone. I have instant on AP12-RW. When setting the maximum power to a maximum of 30 dBm, in the inventory tab, the actual transmission power depends on the country that was specified when creating the site.

When specifying Canada, Russia, China, the power does not exceed 21-23 dbm, Guyana 24/30, U.S. Virgin Islands 24.5 / 31.9dBm. I don't have USA in the list of countries.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to change the country of the created site. Rebuilding the site takes a long time. Maybe someone knows in which countries the permitted maximum power is even higher?

------------------------------
    Mike Tkatchouk

• 2.  RE: Permitted maximum transmit power by country of site in Aruba Instant On Series

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2021 04:47 AM
    Mike, there is a separate community for InstantON. But this one is simple to answer. APs come in different flavors, and you have a 'Rest-of-World (RW)' AP, which should not be sold/shipped in the US. For use in the US, you will need an AP12-US. Using the wrong model may put you in legal issues as in most countries it is even illegal to possess radio equipment that is not certified.

If you are in the US, return the AP to your supplier and ask them to send you the correct US AP.
    If you are not in the US, you are not allowed to set the country to US, but you have to use your own country code to avoid issues with your local authorities.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.