Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest authentication (self registration) using clearpass

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Guest authentication (self registration) using clearpass

MVP
    Posted Jan 12, 2022 05:31 AM
    Hello,

We bought a clearpass server just for guest authentication. The requirement is pretty simple, the guest user should self register and should be allowed access to guest network. Can someone please let me know what to do this in the controller side as well as in the clearpass. I don't have a previous experience with clearpass. I have done the initial configuration of the clearpass, now I believe I have to add controller to clearpass. I really appreciate any help with the steps needed to accomplish this.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Ajin Skariah

• 2.  RE: Guest authentication (self registration) using clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2022 07:20 AM
    It may be good to get some training. What also could work are these videos:
    ArubaOS 8.9 Series – Part 6 – Guest WiFi network using external captive portal and MAC caching
    or ClearPass Workshop - Guest access

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.