Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller cant find certificate after controller config migration

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Controller cant find certificate after controller config migration

Posted Jan 21, 2021 09:48 AM

Hi,
    I'm having trouble with a 7010 standalone controller . The config of that controller was migrated from an old one. Sadly I have no other information concerning that controller exchange.
    I tried to upload and use another captive-portal certificate since the old one expired a few days ago. It seems to me though, that the old certificate has been uploaded and configured at the "mm" level and not the "mynode" level. When I try to change the old captive-portal servercertificate to the new one, the controller say, that no changes have been made and it switchs back to the old certificate. When I try to disable the configuration in CLI under

web-server profile

captive-portal-cert "xyz"

with a simple no it throws an error with the message >>server certificate "xyz" not found in path /sc<<.
    When I try to delete the certificate via mgmt-surface or in cli it throws the error that this certificate is still in use.

Any suggestions what went wrong and how i can fix this?
    Any help is appreciated.

------------------------------
    Bernd Borowski

• 2.  RE: Controller cant find certificate after controller config migration

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 23, 2021 02:42 AM
    As a test, can you change the current certificate references to use the 'default' cert which is shipped with the box. Remove any traces of the existing certificate and re-upload the new certificate again?

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: Controller cant find certificate after controller config migration

Posted Jan 25, 2021 03:25 AM

Thanks for your repsonse.

How can I change the reference?

Bernd Borowski

• 4.  RE: Controller cant find certificate after controller config migration

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 25, 2021 03:47 AM
    So where you have been configuring the certificate previously under 'Web-Server Profile' change this to be default. For example:

(Aruba7030) [mynode] (config) #web-server profile
    (Aruba7030) [mynode] (Web Server Configuration) #captive-portal-cert default

Craig Syme

• 5.  RE: Controller cant find certificate after controller config migration

Posted Feb 01, 2021 04:24 AM
    I tried to to that but this method also through an error. In the end I factory-reseted the controller and configured it manually like it was before. I still don't know the reason for this strange errors but it finally works as it should. Thanks for your help!

Bernd Borowski