Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Virtual Mobility Master On Nutanix

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  Virtual Mobility Master On Nutanix

Posted Sep 02, 2021 03:00 PM
    Has anyone been able to get a Virtual MM setup on a Nutanix box? I've only found one single article on it and it's very vanilla and not helping much. Specifically I need some insight on the virtual interface setup.  I've changed the interface to a trunk port per the documentations.  Every time I try and get through the setup a portion of my wifi goes down.

------------------------------
    Chris Smith

• 2.  RE: Virtual Mobility Master On Nutanix

Posted Sep 02, 2021 03:29 PM
    I regret to say that it is not supported (not listed as a virtual machine architecture in the Virtual Appliance Installation Guide).  I have had a number of people try to get it to work reliably by following those (third party) instructions and it didn't work.  There is also no telling what could break with upgrades in the future.  I support people who tinker, but I don't want to give you false hope.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Virtual Mobility Master On Nutanix

Posted Sep 02, 2021 07:08 PM
    We're in the same boat with our Scale Computing hypervisor. Great KVM solution but nothing supports it unless the OS is Windows. We ended up going with a hardware MM and two MCs. No other choice unless you want to roll the dice with support.

Nathan Kuhl

• 4.  RE: Virtual Mobility Master On Nutanix

Posted Sep 07, 2021 10:07 AM
    Our primary MM is currently running on Nutanix. I was able to use the OVA disks, and also built it with the ISO as well. It needs 3 network switches and 2 hard drives during build. Creating the VM and getting it running hasn't been our problem, but each day we have a crash:

irq 27: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)
    ...Disabling IRQ #27

That appears kernel level and we have not been able to fix this yet - causing AirPlay to crash and we aren't able to make any new changes until we reboot it from the Nutanix end. I wish TAC would make the irq change in grub but they seem reluctant and we don't have access there.

Patrick Gemme

• 5.  RE: Virtual Mobility Master On Nutanix

Posted Sep 07, 2021 11:32 AM
    I had that error on proxmox (using KVM/Qemu).

Chaning the machine type to Q35 helped iirc.
    Source of that in the comments of the following reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/ArubaNetworks/comments/enu1cp/aruba_virtual_mm_keeps_hanging_processes_in/flh4mmd/

Greetings,
    Stephan Westphal