Wireless Access

last person joined: an hour ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP External IP to a Controller Cluster

• 1.  RAP External IP to a Controller Cluster

Posted 19 days ago
    Is it now possible to add the RAP public IP to an existing cluster of controllers under management of an MM if they are behind a NAT device or does it still require recreating the Cluster to add the RAP public IP?  If I do have to recreate the Controller Cluster is there a way to do that without disrupting Controller to AP connectivity (i.e. this cluster is live and servicing CAPs and wireless clients, so I would love to be able to do the cluster reconfig without disrupting the campus network)

Thanks,

Bill

------------------------------
    Bill Fischer

• 2.  RE: RAP External IP to a Controller Cluster

Posted 15 days ago
    You will have to re-create the cluster, it is not possible public IP mappings to an existing cluster. If i recall correctly, we did this with a live environment (hospital) and there was no reported issues during the time to took to re-create the cluster with RAP Public IPs now inclided.

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: RAP External IP to a Controller Cluster

Posted 11 minutes ago

@Craig Syme wrote:
    You will have to re-create the cluster, it is not possible public IP mappings to an existing cluster. If i recall correctly, we did this with a live environment (hospital) and there was no reported issues during the time to took to re-create the cluster with RAP Public IPs now inclided.
    Craig Syme

​thanks, and thing helps

Gerda Hiatt