Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to integrate IAP cluster with AD

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  How to integrate IAP cluster with AD

Posted Jul 21, 2021 09:42 PM
    How to integrate the IAP cluster with AD, I need a solution to reduce the amount of SSID and make access rules based on user, the tools I have are AirWave and IAP Cluster with 305 APs, specifically 31 APs.

------------------------------
    Daniel Gurgel da Silva

• 2.  RE: How to integrate IAP cluster with AD

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2021 01:37 AM
    generally you need a RADIUS server that provides this authentication against AD. Such RADIUS server can be Aruba ClearPass which is much more than a RADIUS server, you can configure all sort of access policies, check these video

https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=55&MessageKey=23c87deb-4d5c-487c-9f58-245b9a7f5411&CommunityKey=2477474f-de43-4598-a465-c179d41fdd0b&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fcommunitykey%3d2477474f-de43-4598-a465-c179d41fdd0b%26tab%3ddigestviewer

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: How to integrate IAP cluster with AD

Posted Jul 22, 2021 07:15 PM
    hi ariyap

Thanks for the help, I'm going to look deeper into it, I don't think I have the budget to get the clearpass

Daniel Gurgel da Silva

• 4.  RE: How to integrate IAP cluster with AD

Posted Jul 22, 2021 02:23 PM
    Hi Daniel,

If it was an exam question, "ClearPass" would clearly be the answer, like ariyap said. That being said...

In the AD you have a server role called NPS (Network Policy Server), which is in fact a RADIUS server, and obviously it's already integated in the AD. I've  worked with it before, and it's a whole lot more complicated that ClearPass (or maybe it's just that I have more experience with ClearPass than I do with NPS). It does have the advantage of being free, since you can install the role in any AD server.

Miguel Goncalves

• 5.  RE: How to integrate IAP cluster with AD

Posted Jul 22, 2021 07:16 PM
    hi Mike666

Thanks for your help, it seems to me to be a good option, I will search deeper here and then post the results.

Daniel Gurgel da Silva