Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Roles and Policies Rules Don't Match Up

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Roles and Policies Rules Don't Match Up

Posted Jan 04, 2022 08:51 AM
    I just noticed that my Role and Policy rules are different depending on whether I'm viewing them on Mobility Master or the controller name. Is there a way to force the rules to flow down from the Mobility Master to the controller so that they sync up? I'm guessing at some point I made rule changes on the controller level and not the mobility master level which has lead to this.

------------------------------
    Seth Turner

• 2.  RE: Roles and Policies Rules Don't Match Up

Posted Jan 04, 2022 09:42 AM
    Seth,
    I am going through the same thing at this time.  From my understanding (fairly new at this), you will have to delete them off of the controller and add them at the Mobility level.  I would verify this with support.

Gary French

• 3.  RE: Roles and Policies Rules Don't Match Up

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 04, 2022 09:46 AM
    You will want to configure user roles and policies  below the /md level (best practice to leave /md level at default). For example at /md/Company or /md/Company/SiteA. Config at the /mm or /mydevice level do not propagate to the /md levels. They are two separate branches of the config.

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2021
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos