Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

new software version requires active contract registration

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  new software version requires active contract registration

Posted Oct 22, 2021 09:33 AM

Hi,
    last week I was looking for a new conservative version for the 7005 controller (+ AP's) in one of our sites.
    When I downloaded this firmware, the tooltip text on the download button said: "requires active contract registration".

Can anyone help me in understanding what this means, please? This tooltiptext was not there when I previously downloaded OS versions for this controller.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Bram D'hoore

• 2.  RE: new software version requires active contract registration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2021 11:59 AM
    Firmware updates are only for customers that have an active support contract on their controllers. It may be that the contracts were there before, but expired. Reach out to your Aruba partner to renew your contract, or if you have an active contract but it may not be properly linked to your account and the partner or Aruba Support can assist in getting it linked again.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: new software version requires active contract registration

Posted Oct 26, 2021 08:49 AM
    Hi,
    thanks for the reply, I opened a ticket at ASP to check this and they said all is good until june 2023.

Best regards,