Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I had two 1Gig connections from same service provider but once all the users connected internet going down and as per the utilization report from Service provider one connections450mbps and other connections 600mbps after that speed of the internet is going down what will be the solution

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  I had two 1Gig connections from same service provider but once all the users connected internet going down and as per the utilization report from Service provider one connections450mbps and other connections 600mbps after that speed of the internet is going down what will be the solution

Posted Oct 04, 2021 01:55 PM
    @

------------------------------
    Alshim Moosa

• 2.  RE: I had two 1Gig connections from same service provider but once all the users connected internet going down and as per the utilization report from Service provider one connections450mbps and other connections 600mbps after that speed of the internet is going down what will be the solution

MVP
    Posted Nov 07, 2021 10:46 AM
    Hi Alshim,

There isn't a lot of information to go on here, but my first thought is to setup a bandwidth-contract on the user-role(s) to limit the download/upload speeds per client. This will help prevent one client from utilizing all of the bandwidth. We also have 1Gbps internet for our Guest network and use 20Mbps down / 20Mbps up and do not seem to have any issues including playing movies, streaming music, etc. 

From our CLI:

aaa bandwidth-contract guestupstreamper-userui mbits 20
    aaa bandwidth-contract guestdownstreamper-userui mbits 20
    !
    user-role guest
    bw-contract guestupstreamper-userui per-user upstream
    bw-contract guestdownstreamper-userui per-user downstream

You can adjust the mbits to what ever speed you want the user's to have, 20 may be more than you actually need, but it seems to work well for us.

Best of luck!

Michael Haring

AirHeads MVP 2017, 2019-2021