Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba S3500-48P Visio Stencil (*DOES NOT EXIST at Visio Cafe*)

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  Aruba S3500-48P Visio Stencil (*DOES NOT EXIST at Visio Cafe*)

Posted Sep 14, 2022 11:12 PM

I'm not understanding why I can't find a stencil for this. I found one for my 7220 WLC. No problem. The closest that I can find is a file named "HPE-Networking-3xxx-Switches.vss" but it absolutely DOES NOT include the Aruba S3500-48P.

Otherwise... I've seen links to some generic icon set that does contain a stencil claiming to be for the S3500-48P (front). However it's nothing more than an abstract icon for generic diagrams.

I'm building an actual rack view in Visio here.

As I said, I've pretty well combed through Visio Cafe and I don't see any stencils - AT ALL - for that series of switch.

If anyone can assist with finding a stencil for this model, I would be quite grateful. (Hey Aruba Employees... Any ideas? It's odd that there are stencils for older AND newer products than the S3500 and yet I can not find a stencil for it.)

Thanks, folks!

(Side Note for admins: The only category available in the dropdown is "WIRELESS ACCESS". Otherwise I'd have selected something else. Feel free to move this wherever you feel it belongs.)

• 2.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Visio Stencil (*DOES NOT EXIST at Visio Cafe*)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2022 08:44 AM
    Please note that the S3500 Mobility Access Switches (MAS) are end-of-life and end-of-support for some time already. The Visio stencil here seems to have the S3500 included if the image matches the contents of the file.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Visio Stencil (*DOES NOT EXIST at Visio Cafe*)

Posted Sep 16, 2022 12:37 PM
    I'm not at all concerned with whether or not the hardware is EoL. (Not sure why you brought that up? ��) 

I'm just looking for the Visio stencils.

The link you posted is rife with complaints of how the stencils have never worked. I confirmed. Those stencils are abstract, cartoony versions of the hardware that is just unrecognizable. It's not at all fit for rack diagrams in the least bit. Completely useless.

Though your reply gave me some referential words to search by, perhaps. So... Thanks for that.

Sure hope I can find this stencil... it's the LAST piece of my diagram. ��

• 4.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Visio Stencil (*DOES NOT EXIST at Visio Cafe*)

Posted Sep 17, 2022 05:25 AM

@cyrylthewolf here again. This is my personal account. (The other being what is attached to my work account...which I can't change due to some issue with the account management interface.)

I ended up with two accounts so I'm wanting to transition my stuff back to this one instead. (I find the Aruba Community pages and account management discombobulated and confusing... Frustrating.)​​

No response needed to this particular comment.

• 5.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Visio Stencil (*DOES NOT EXIST at Visio Cafe*)

MVP
    Posted Sep 19, 2022 07:50 AM
    "I'm not at all concerned with whether or not the hardware is EoL. (Not sure why you brought that up"

Perhaps because you cannoty expect any official support here and most customers have moved on to supported hardware. You need to  have very low expectations of finding a solution here..

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer

• 6.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Visio Stencil (*DOES NOT EXIST at Visio Cafe*)

Posted Sep 19, 2022 01:42 PM

1.) "Perhaps because you cannoty expect any official support here..."

I didn't ask for "support". Just a stencil. It's not that deep.

2.) "...most customers have moved on to supported hardware."

Not relevant in the least bit. They are them. I am me. I am looking for a stencil. Not new products. If you can't help me with the ONE thing I've asked for then feel free to scroll on and pretend my post doesn't exist. (Also ignore the several other posts - like this one - asking for stencils for other hardware, too. It's not as though mine is the only one asking for stencils.)

• 7.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Visio Stencil (*DOES NOT EXIST at Visio Cafe*)

Posted Sep 19, 2022 01:46 PM

ALL:
    This is VERY simple. My ask was not unreasonable. I asked for a stencil for a device. That is all. Nothing more. Either help me - with that ONE thing - or don't. I don't need to hear out of you if you can't help me or are only interested in soapboxing.

- If you can help me find the stencil I've asked for then I will simply be very grateful to you for it. ❤️

- If you can't help me find the stencil I've asked for then I will simply be very grateful to you for disregarding this post rather than choosing to make unhelpful comments. 🙏🏻

• 8.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Visio Stencil (*DOES NOT EXIST at Visio Cafe*)

MVP
    Posted Sep 19, 2022 02:05 PM
    All I did was answer the question about why ELO was brought up. Sometimes people do not realize their stuff i EOL.

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer