Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

opensystem Not Available

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  opensystem Not Available

Posted Oct 14, 2021 11:05 AM

Hello, 

I'm trying to set up a captive portal with visitor self-reg for what will become our Guest WiFi SSID (incorporating ClearPass), but in working though a video and an Aruba doc I can't select what I need to for opensystem. The words are visible but the checkbox isn't as I create the open and enhanced SSIDs. The mouse does turn into the hand when I hover over opensystem, and if I click the submit button becomes available, but upon submitting I get an error.

Is this something I've missed somewhere else that needs enabling? I'm on 8.7.1.3 code. I'll keep working through the rest of the process in the meantime hoping the effort isn't in vain.

Thanks for looking.

------------------------------
    nathan millward

• 2.  RE: opensystem Not Available

Posted Oct 14, 2021 11:55 AM

I think it's an interface bug.
    It appears opensystem is selected by default - though you can 't see it here
    In order to select and submit enhanced-open I had to 'blind' unselect opensystem (though I couldn't actually see the effect of the click) then select enhanced-open and then submit. Otherwise an error is displayed.
    Having done this, looking in the Config > WLANS section shows the correct encryption types

Should be OK for the moment then.
    Stand down!
    Cheers
    Nathan
    :)

nathan millward

• 3.  RE: opensystem Not Available

MVP
    Posted Oct 23, 2021 03:01 PM
    Alternatively, in the CLI you could defined "opensystem" as the Opmode under the SSID profile, followed by a show config pending, commit, and ' show config committed | begin "wlan ssid" '. This would allow you to set, apply, and verify it.

Since upgrading from 6.5 to 8.x, I've periodically run into odd GUI-based behavior like this, but have not seen the same translated to the CLI.

Michael Haring

AirHeads MVP 2017, 2019-2021