Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Access Points flooding and stalling 7240XM controllers

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Access Points flooding and stalling 7240XM controllers

Posted Apr 06, 2022 04:02 PM
    I have two 7240XM's running 8.7.X. and 1615 access point spread across 30 sites.  These are in bridge mode so the controller only sends/receive control traffic.  What happens is one of a select number of access points at a couple locations will start sending a flood of port 4500 control traffic (150-250Mbps) and the controller will, within a few minutes stall clients connected to the controller whose access point is on that controller with the primary datapath.  On one occasion I observed a fragmented port 8209 packet storm.  It's very damaging to lose connectivity to thousands of clients at a time.  The way I identify this now is if I see a traffic spike in cacti I open wireshark mirrored from the controllers, identify it and trace then disable inline power.  TAC is stumped so far.

------------------------------
    Don Bellefeuilled

• 2.  RE: Access Points flooding and stalling 7240XM controllers

Posted May 11, 2022 04:46 AM
    Hi Don, have you got to the bottom of this? Thanks.

[Nebojsa Markovic]
    [UK]

• 3.  RE: Access Points flooding and stalling 7240XM controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2022 08:21 AM
    Please reach out to Aruba Support. They may know this issue, or can do the required troubleshooting to get it fixed by engineering.

Note that for controllers, bridged SSIDs are deprecated and tunneled should probably be used where possible. For bridged networks, in most cases Instant is a better solution.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.