Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Standalone Master/Standby controller topology

This thread has been viewed 37 times
  • 1.  Standalone Master/Standby controller topology

Posted Jun 17, 2021 01:19 PM
    Hi,

i recently migrated my Aos6 Master - Standby Master ,to AOS8 standalone MCs.

when i connect to my Master controller, i can change the configuration either by clicking on "CTRL-WIFI-MST-NODAL" which is the Master, or i can change config by clicking on "Mobility Controller" menu.

but if i do so, all changes i do are not synced with the MC.

Basically it only works if i change at "CTRL-WIFI-MST-NODAL" level. Whats the point of this Mobility controller menu then?

• 2.  RE: Standalone Master/Standby controller topology

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2021 05:33 AM
    This is part of the hierarchical nature of AOS8.  When configuring at the folder lever it will get pushed down to the devices.  You can override settings by clicking on the node and configuring there.

See the user guide for a more succinct explanation, here

------------------------------
    Michael Clarke (Aruba)

• 3.  RE: Standalone Master/Standby controller topology

Posted Jun 18, 2021 08:53 AM
    Then my problem is that configuration done at folder level is not pushed to the devices.
    Both onfigurations are different.

If i override configuration by clicking on node, is there a way to sync them again so i can use folder level to do the configuration?

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Standalone Master/Standby controller topology

Posted Jun 19, 2021 05:36 AM
    You will see the blue dot on settings that are different. Clicking on dot will give you an option to remove the override.

Gorazd Kikelj

• 5.  RE: Standalone Master/Standby controller topology

Posted Jun 19, 2021 08:55 AM
    i do not see blue dots next to different setting.

Are there other way to bulk remove override settings? or do i have to find the blue dots everywhere it is?

Once there are not blue dots, should the modifications done on folder level are supposed to be replicated on controller level?

Thanks.