Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airgroup setup questions - islands and isolation

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Airgroup setup questions - islands and isolation

Posted Jul 13, 2021 06:41 PM
    Ok, AirGroup guru's! I've got a couple of questions:

1) I've seen a lot of things in the literature about "AirGroup Islands", but not much about how to configure them. Can you provide a quick guide or link to a doc about them? Is there a particular version of ArubaOS that is required for this? We're running 8.5.0.11.

2) We have a basic AirGroup setup working right now. We have three WLANs, and all three are connected to the same VLAN. One of the WLANs is a Guest network, and we would like for guest users to not be able to see the mDNS, DLNA, chromecast devices etc.

Is there any way to just isolate one WLAN? 

As far as I can tell, we could engineer a new VLAN to separate it out, but I am hoping there's a different option.
    Maybe we can use the guest role to block it? "Disallowed services by role:" ??
    Or maybe we can set up a billion ACL's to block it on the guest role?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

• 2.  RE: Airgroup setup questions - islands and isolation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2021 02:15 AM
    1.  Document here:  https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00106566en_us
    2.  You could use the allow and disallow services by role, yes.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.
    ------------------------------