Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Testing ap-system-profile dump-server param...

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Testing ap-system-profile dump-server param...

Posted May 21, 2021 04:25 PM
    Does anyone have a surefire way to make an AP dump core?

Currently running AOS 6.5.x (8.6.x in test).

I'm migrating my utility server, which also functions as my AP (tftp) dump-server.  I'm curious to know if anyone has a surefire way to test an AP's ability to reach this resource?  I had asked TAC if there was a way to manually trigger a core dump from an AP, in order to test tftp dump functionality once I update the dump-server IP param in my ap-system-profile. 

They "checked this internally and couldn't find a document to produce the issue forcefully, also checked whether to do the same through shell mode on the controller and could confirm that it is not possible to force an AP to crash manually."  Alas, I'm left to whatever chicanery my wits can come up with...

Reaching out to the community to see if anyone's attempted this before.

Otherwise, I guess I'll simply change the dump-server IP & wait for an AP to crash in order to see if it was able to dump core successfully.  Oh, & I've also posted an Idea to the Innovation Zone. 

TIA, 

--Raf

------------------------------
    Rafael Hinojosa

• 2.  RE: Testing ap-system-profile dump-server param...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2021 11:56 AM
    Why don't you console into the AP and ping the tftp server?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.