Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IPhone iOS 15.x Users see "No Internet Connection" But services keep working

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  IPhone iOS 15.x Users see "No Internet Connection" But services keep working

Posted Nov 29, 2021 02:20 PM
      |   view attached

Our Apple iPhone users having iOS version 15. x are experiencing the "no internet connection" error message while connected to the on-campus BYOD SSID. However, the internet keeps working while the error message is on the screen. This is not happening to prior iOS versions nor any other operating systems including Windows, MACOS, and androids.

This has started happening after we recently upgraded the Radius and HTTPS certificates on our Clearpass servers. These are 3rd party certificates issued by public authorities.

If anyone has experienced any such issue with your environment? A snapshot of the error is also attached.

ClearPass OS Version: 6.9.7.131609

Aruba Controller (7210) Version: 6.5.4.20

------------------------------
    Rahat Hafiz Khan

• 2.  RE: IPhone iOS 15.x Users see "No Internet Connection" But services keep working

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 29, 2021 02:43 PM
    iOS 15.0 has a WiFi issue that was solved in iOS 15.1

Does the client get an IP
    Can the client ping to google DNS (for example) 8.8.8.8
    Does the client can revolve DNS

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 3.  RE: IPhone iOS 15.x Users see "No Internet Connection" But services keep working

Posted Nov 29, 2021 11:32 PM
    Yes the clients are able to get the IP address and they can also reach out to google while having the error on screen.
    Even clients on iOS 15.0.1 are experiencing the same problem.

Rahat Hafiz Khan

• 4.  RE: IPhone iOS 15.x Users see "No Internet Connection" But services keep working

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 30, 2021 01:16 AM
    Could you update to iOS 15.1?

Outlook voor iOS downloaden

• 5.  RE: IPhone iOS 15.x Users see "No Internet Connection" But services keep working

Posted Nov 30, 2021 12:55 PM
    Yes, tried on both. Anything above 15 is having the same issue.

Really not sure if it is a compatibility issue or something absolutely unusual happening. Not a single device in the flow is reporting any error log including DHCP and DNS servers.

Regards,
    RHK

RHK

• 6.  RE: IPhone iOS 15.x Users see "No Internet Connection" But services keep working

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 30, 2021 02:27 PM
    I suspect its a bug in the iOS software. Normally the "no internet" message appears when DNS isn't resolvable. 
    Does the message disappear after some time? Maybe you could open a case by Apple Support.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 7.  RE: IPhone iOS 15.x Users see "No Internet Connection" But services keep working

Posted Dec 02, 2021 02:09 AM
    Yes, it disappears by itself. It is intermittent.

I suspect the certificate has triggered something which is not reflected in the logs. The same user doesn't see this anywhere else but in my Aruba environment only.

One thing I noticed is that the service certificate is different than the one used for Radius service. Could this be an issue?

--
    Regards,

RHK

• 8.  RE: IPhone iOS 15.x Users see "No Internet Connection" But services keep working

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 02, 2021 03:23 AM
    Could well be. The service cert, if defined is what is used by cppm instead of the default defined radius cert.

Depends on whether the Clie t knows the CA associated with the service cert. I used to use that to to test roll out of new RADIUS certs from a different supplier before the old cert expired
    A