Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

APs in Cluster graceful failover

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  APs in Cluster graceful failover

Posted Sep 28, 2021 03:57 PM
    Hi.  Ive got a few Mobility Controllers clustered and followed the guides out there when setting them up.  The clusters are setup in an active/active role and share the AP load.   L2 redundancy is working fine, there arent any conflicting vlans and I have all the defaults under conifg -> services -> cluster -> advanced.  I noticed that when one of the MCs goes down the APs attached reboot.  Is there a setting to stop the APs from rebooting and serve traffic from the lone active MC? 

------------------------------
    andre heyliger

• 2.  RE: APs in Cluster graceful failover

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2021 04:54 PM

No, they should do that automatically.  You should type "show lc-cluster vlan-probe status" on either of the MCs to see if you have any VLAN failures.

"

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: APs in Cluster graceful failover

Posted Sep 29, 2021 05:36 PM
    Nope thats not it.  Like I said in the original post "L2 redundancy is working fine, there arent any conflicting vlans".  Got that info by running show lc-cluster vlan-probe status.

andre heyliger

• 4.  RE: APs in Cluster graceful failover

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 29, 2021 08:02 PM
    There is no active/active role in a cluster that I am aware of.  Where is that configured?  If the APs attached reboot, L2 redundancy is NOT working fine.

EDIT: Do not configure HA along with clustering.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.