Location Services

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Status:Failure in ALE Calibration mode

Posted Jun 26, 2019 06:02 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

We are trying to deploy ALE with calibration mode, but something is going wrong with the NAO logger app.

After uploading the floorplan, drawing the paths and geofences, we have to use the Aruba NAO Logger app to collect measurements.

When completed, we must synchronise the app to upload the data collected.

This should generate one upload in the Aruba NAO Campus, and one PDB.

After I synchonise the measurements, my ALE NAO Campus identifies one upload, but with no survey logs, and there when we generate the PDB it says "Status: Failure"

In the Upload History, we can find the file, but with an Error Message: MeasurementZipProcessor No logs found.

I've checked the ALE support guide and they say once you've synchonised the measurements you need to change the app from Learning Mode to Demo Mode, to generate a test PDB. When I try to change to demo mode, it says "Database generation failed" "No database available".

• 2.  RE: Status:Failure in ALE Calibration mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2019 05:36 AM

That message appears to indicate that there is inadequate coverage in your calibration area. The NAO client needs to see at least 3 APs at every location that is calibrated. If you have some APs in monitor mode (not broadcasting SSID), make sure that during the calibration they broadcast at least one SSID.

Besides that, using estimation or proximity mode is preferred over using calibration mode, and calibration mode has been removed in ALE 2.1.0.0.

• 3.  RE: Status:Failure in ALE Calibration mode

Posted Jun 27, 2019 10:26 AM

We're using Aruba Central as our management platform, is there any way we can implement a functionality with maps visualization without an AirWave server in ALE 2.1?