Location Services

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

ALE 2.2.0.1 - Where do I set the TACACS+ Shared Secret?

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  ALE 2.2.0.1 - Where do I set the TACACS+ Shared Secret?

Posted Apr 20, 2022 02:42 AM
    Hi all,

Where on earth do I configure the TACACS+ shared secret in ALE 2.2.0.1?

------------------------------
    Regards,

Brett V

• 2.  RE: ALE 2.2.0.1 - Where do I set the TACACS+ Shared Secret?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2022 05:29 AM
    The ALE uses Application Authentication to ClearPass, not TACACS+, so there is no secret to be set. Check the ALE User Guide on how to import the Application Attribute into CPPM.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: ALE 2.2.0.1 - Where do I set the TACACS+ Shared Secret?

Posted Apr 21, 2022 01:21 AM
    Thankyou Herman!

Mind blown.

I got it working by importing the application dictionary and setting up an Application Authentication service in ClearPass - which assigns the appropriate ALE role in the enforcement profile.

I should note though - The dictionary in the ALE User Guide as well as examples here on Airheads didn't work in newer versions of ClearPass. They are missing a couple of 'space' characters.

I decided to start a Github Repo of all of the custom dictionaries I have imported over the years. Here is the link to the working ALE Application Dictionary for anyone else that is interested.

Brett V