Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Cause of the Blocked Packets

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Cause of the Blocked Packets

Posted Dec 15, 2020 01:05 AM
    Hello Knowledge Seekers,

We had IPads that connected to the automation system via WiFi and controlled the curtains and lights. IPads could not be connected to the automation system about 1 week ago. No changes whatsoever were made in terms of Networks (vlan etc.).

So, for the test purposes, I created a new profile so that automation devices and IPads get IP from the same vlan block so there should be no barriers in between, but they still have connectivity issues even-though there are in the same vlan.

There is no problem in the configuration and operation of the automation device, because when we disconnect it from WiFi and connect them with the special platform (some kinda software tool that vendor used), it works without any problems.

The only thing that comes to my mind is if the iPads are talking about an absurd protocol during the connection with the automation system, I might be cutting them off with IDS / IPS.

Do you have any idea why the problem will arise?
    Where can I get the logs after the device is connected to WiFi?
    Which protocol or packet types Aruba IDS/IPS could block? 

Thanks for your time & consideration,

------------------------------
    Onur Demir

• 2.  RE: Cause of the Blocked Packets

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2020 10:16 AM
    What is most likely, is that these devices and the iPads are using a discovery mechanism that uses multicast or broadcast, like mDNS or DLNA. By default that traffic is blocked in Aruba WLAN by the broadcast filtering. You can try to disable broadcast filtering and see if it works then, afterwards see if you can enable the communication again with AirGroup, as filtering broadcast is good for your performance. If it is just an SSID for a handful of devices, you could consider keeping the filters disabled.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.