Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Excessive jabbering on 2930F switch port

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Excessive jabbering on 2930F switch port

Posted Jul 12, 2021 01:14 PM
    Recently I have observed slowness in network and when I checked on Aruba switch I was getting ping drop for gateway IP .when I checked the logs I saw error " excessive jabbering/fragments" .
    I searched it on Google and changed the speed from auto to full duplex now issue is resolved but . client wants RCA on the issue .and I don't know what to write in RCA .can anyone please suggest what should I write .why was the this error message I got on Uplink port

------------------------------
    Shivam Ojha

• 2.  RE: Excessive jabbering on 2930F switch port

Posted Mar 28, 2022 02:36 AM
    Aruba 2930F (ArubaOS-Switch OS based) you should start by doing some diagnostic at Port Trunk (Link Aggregation) level with commands such as show trunks and show lacp (if you are using LACP). Those are pretty generic, the output will not have the same level of details commonly found on Comware OS based 5900AF...but it's a start.

Also show tech transceivers is useful to gain information about SFP/SFP+ installed Transceivers and, going into detail, the show interfaces transceiver <physical-interface-id> detail is useful to see details about a specific physical port equipped with a Transceiver.

HPE 5700AF instead is Comware OS based and the corresponding commands are display link-aggregation verbose <BAG-id> (where BAG-id is the name of Bridge Aggregation you are investigating) and also display interface<BAG-id>, with regard to Transceivers those commands - display transceiver alarm interface <physical-interface-id>, display transceiver diagnosis interface <physical-interface-id> or display transceiver manuinfo interface <physical-interface-id> - will be helpful to understand if there could be issues with Rx/Tx at optical level.

My Gift Card Site

Layne Gibson

• 3.  RE: Excessive jabbering on 2930F switch port

Posted May 05, 2022 07:25 AM
    Maybe you're just suffering from an issue due to bad optical cable (is it OM3 or OM4 certified? is it correctly installed (respected bend radius)? and so on...).

Dunkin Runs on You

Charles Fisher