Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Speed duplex issue

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Speed duplex issue

Posted Sep 03, 2021 05:38 AM
    Hello team,
    One of the Aruba access point is connected on Cisco switch and it was not  coming up.
    I removed that ap and connected on Aruba switch and again ap was not coming up so I changed the speed duplex to full and switch port and ap both are up.then I took the ap and connected on Cisco switch  now without changing speed duplex ap is up and running.
    Can anyone explain me why is that .

------------------------------
    Shivam Ojha

• 2.  RE: Speed duplex issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 03, 2021 09:57 AM
    Can be many things... UTP cable that is operating in the margin, power budget on the switch that may be insufficient at one point, and sufficient at another point, switch port types 10/100 10/100/1000 100/1000 smart rate, switch configuration, etc and the switch types, power negotiation (or not), LLDP-MED, ..

Hard to tell what it is, from what you describe.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.