Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Controler 650-US 8 Port

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Controler 650-US 8 Port

Posted Feb 21, 2021 06:48 PM
    Hi Community,

I'm new member and I'm learning about Aruba's AP's and controller's. Right now I have a home project building my wifi network. By mistake I bought some AP-335 AP's (yes! I confused them with the IAP model, now I need a controller to make them work) so right now I have to buy one; wich one do you advice to buy? I found a small one the 650-US with 8 ports, does it compatible and enough?

Hope you can help me,
    Kind regards,
    Daniel

------------------------------
    Daniel Galvez

• 2.  RE: Controler 650-US 8 Port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2021 03:24 AM
    That will not work.

The 650 can run ArubaOS 6.4.x at max; the AP-335 requires ArubaOS 6.5.0 as the minimum release.
    There is no common firmware version.

For a home network, I would try to return the AP and get an IAP (or Instant ON) instead. Controllers require licensing in place, in addition to the hardware, which for home use may be complicated.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Controler 650-US 8 Port

Posted Feb 22, 2021 07:32 AM
    Hi Hernan,

Thanks for the information. I'll try to follow your recommendations.

Kind regards,
    Daniel