Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Wrong series ip address

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Wrong series ip address

Posted Sep 13, 2021 08:10 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello team,
    In vlan 80 We are getting 192.168.0.x series ip instead of 10.2.80.x  
    When i give static ip to the system everything is working fine but automatically vlan 80 is giving 192.168.0.x series ip . We are using Aruba 2930f switch.
    I am using a Aruba switch for troubleshooting the issue 
    Port 1  is uplink port and on port 2 is untagged in vlan 80 where my laptop is connected and my laptop is getting 192.168.0.10 ip and no internet.
    Please help

------------------------------
    Shivam Ojha

• 2.  RE: Wrong series ip address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2021 11:38 AM
    Can you use ipconfig /all on your Windows? That will include the DHCP server information. Do you have a DHCP server in that VLAN that offers IP addresses in the 10.2.80.x range?

If there is no DHCP server in a VLAN, Windows may have a static fallback IP, and that may be what you see. Wireshark running while you disconnect and re-connect the client should also show where the IP is coming from.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.