Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba switch to switch ping drop issue

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  Aruba switch to switch ping drop issue

Posted Sep 21, 2021 03:25 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello team,
    We are having multiple Aruba switches at location.
    Uplink between 2 switches are not working at auto mode .I made that ports in 100  full duplex .but we are getting ping drop between the switches.
    ( Ping drop from 10.2.4.44 to 10.2.4.151 .
    Every switch connected to 10.2.4.44 are facing the issue.

------------------------------
    Shivam Ojha

• 2.  RE: Aruba switch to switch ping drop issue

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 21, 2021 03:46 AM
    At first sight it looks a mismatch in port speeds (ports operating at Fast Ethernet 100Mbps versus Gigabit Ethernet 1000Mbps) and/or port operating mode (Full/Half Duplex)...IMHO that switch (the 10.2.4.44), in that central position, should be exchanged in favor of a Switch with all 1G ports so the uplink (to 10.2.4.151)/downlinks (to all other connected peers we see in the diagram) will run at 1Gbps Full Duplex.

Can you post some more details about how peers' ports are behaving on links suffering the issue?

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: Aruba switch to switch ping drop issue

Posted Sep 21, 2021 04:27 AM
    Ports between 4.151 and 4.44 is not coming up on auto mode .so I changed the port speed to 100-full duplex on both side .now ports are up and working but in between getting drops .

Shivam Ojha

• 4.  RE: Aruba switch to switch ping drop issue
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 21, 2021 06:20 AM
    Hello team,
    Issue is resolved .we changed the cable between the switches now ping is not dropping and users are able to work 

Thanks & Regards,

Shivam ojha

M:7743901736

Orbit Techsol India Pvt Ltd.|www.orbitindia.net|

• 5.  RE: Aruba switch to switch ping drop issue

Posted Feb 03, 2022 08:34 AM
    Thanks for the testing. It's good to know that the combo does work, somewhere. I've had my new 1930 in for a couple hours now and the issue hasn't returned. But it's freshly booted and in the past, I have seen it take a few hours before it pops up again. So I can't say for sure it's good just yet.

I can say my old one was hardware version 1.00 and the new one is 8.00. What hardware version is yours? It's on the sticker on the back.

Wendell Anderson

• 6.  RE: Aruba switch to switch ping drop issue

Posted Feb 14, 2022 01:35 PM
    When user pings a networking device to determine network performance, ping response time may be slow and inconsistent, and can sometimes reach hundreds of milliseconds Sometimes packets may even be dropped.

David Battle