Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-3WN WLAN light is not up after conversion

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  RAP-3WN WLAN light is not up after conversion

Posted Mar 10, 2021 10:47 AM
    ​I have converted 3 RAP-3WN units, 1 unit is working fine, however, the other 2 unit are facing the same issue - the WLAN light is not up ( from Aruba controller can see WLAN=0, can someone help on this?

Many thanks in advance!

Chuan

------------------------------
    Chuan Wang

• 2.  RE: RAP-3WN WLAN light is not up after conversion

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2021 08:52 AM
    What type of conversion did you attempt? Did you convert them as AP or RAP to a controller?
    If so, do you see the APs appear on the controller?
    What shows the show ap active and show ap database?
    Show log all on the controller, in general, should give indications as well.

If you don't feel comfortable looking through the logs, your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC support should be able to assist you.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: RAP-3WN WLAN light is not up after conversion

Posted Mar 11, 2021 09:04 PM
    Hi Herman,

Thanks! The issue has been fixed and root cause was my partner add 3 RAPs with ONE same user name which caused the issue.

The 2 RAPs were up and running well (WLAN is lighted up) after we re-added them with 2 different user name.

Thanks & Regards

Chuan​

Chuan Wang