Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Excessive jabbering on 2930F switch port

This thread has been viewed 40 times
  • 1.  Excessive jabbering on 2930F switch port

Posted Jul 08, 2021 07:30 AM
    Hello team,
    I have installed some switches at our client location .
     Uplink port excessive jabbering is showing  and users are getting slowness in speed .why is this jabbering and what's the solution?

------------------------------
    Shivam Ojha

• 2.  RE: Excessive jabbering on 2930F switch port

Posted Jul 08, 2021 11:32 PM
    Hi Ojha,
    Jabbering happen due many issues in port level network , patch code or malware application on the network
    try this command to isolate problem :
    show interface  --> detail and check CRC check errors
    show interface Transceiver ---> check transceiver status
    show tech transceiver -->check all interface statistics any abnormal activity on port
    show lacp ---> if your uplink is link Aggrigation 

try change the patch cord
    Port negotiation error (Bad Transceiver, NIC driver issue from other end) try to set full duplex in port level

Dinusha Chandrasinghe - MVP | ACMP | ACSP |ACCA
    Network Engineer
    Plexus Global (Pvt) Ltd
    Colombo Sri Lanka
    +94717327420

• 3.  RE: Excessive jabbering on 2930F switch port

Posted Jul 19, 2021 02:33 PM

I have a HP Pro Curve 5412 (1gb) network switch and currently 110+/- connections. I have one pc ( > 3 months old) that every morning for a few minutes it shows "excessive jabbering" on the switch status tab. Port is set to Auto-Config. I have checked and re-checked the Cat 6 cable, it's a new HP Win 7 pc .. any ideas?  A bad NIC maybe...

No complaints from end-user, using a large SQL db all day so if a connection dropped they would get many, many SQL errors. No slowness noted.

firstcallonline

Rolfson Cassie

• 4.  RE: Excessive jabbering on 2930F switch port

Posted Jul 22, 2021 05:33 AM
    I have a problem with my HP 2920-48G Switch and my Apple air port extreme 6th gen. The problem is: once the apple wifi access point (that is all I use the Airport for is a Wifi Access Point) connects to the network, I get errors on the HP 2920 of "multiple devices lost connection" and other errors that point to mismatched port speeds between the two devices. I think the problem is with the port negotiations on the two network devices. My question is does anyone know which setting or command can enable better communication between the two different network devices? I know on the Airport there are not many network settings, but the HP might have something in the command line that can help?

Alejandrin Bruen