Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I export Clearpass Radius server logs in a readable format to PRTG

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  How can I export Clearpass Radius server logs in a readable format to PRTG

Posted Feb 26, 2021 12:45 PM
    Hello,

I have a set up of clearpass server managing authentication via Radius server.

If I access Monitoring > Access tracker I can see all the authentication processes neatly going one after each other.

Now, my question is if there's a way I could send this info to my PRTG monitoring server and make the messages more readable like in the afromentioned Access tracker.
    I have Syslog target and Log configuration set up but I'm not sure if I've done everything correctly, I can see some logs going to my PRTG syslog monitor but they are all showing up in a hard to read format and I'm not even sure, if it's the info I actually want to see.

Has anyone came across a similar situation or is there anyone willing to help me with this?
    Thanks

------------------------------
    David Barton

• 2.  RE: How can I export Clearpass Radius server logs in a readable format to PRTG

MVP
    Posted Mar 03, 2021 01:15 PM
    Did you try adding sensors via the SNMP Library using the imported OIDLIB?

Try aruba-cppm.my MIBS and import it on PRTG (https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/snmp_library_sensor)

Maybe you have more options when you import the MIBS and it has more options.

Shpat